Photo: FB/Bato dela Rosa

No warrant of arrest received against Dela Rosa from ICC, PCTC says

The Philippine Center on Transnational Crime (PCTC) has said on Saturday it did not receive an arrest warrant against Senator Ronald Bato Dela Rosa from the International Criminal Court (ICC).

This is after rumors of ICC issuing an arrest warrant against the lawmaker has spread on social media, but PCTC Executive Director retired General Romeo Prestoza has said via GMA News that they did not receive a warrant.

PCTC serves as the International Criminal Police Organization’s (INTERPOL) National Center Bureau in Manila.

Meanwhile, ICC has shared in a separate statement, “No public arrest warrants have been issued in relation to the situation in the Philippines.”

On the other hand, Interior Secretary Jonvic Remulla said he had no information yet over the issuance of warrant over Dela Rosa. “None yet to my information. As far as I am concerned, until I see the official copy, it is hearsay.”

Photo: FB/Bato dela Rosa

But, Remulla said that they have formed a task force in connection with the unverified report.

“We are forming it (task force). The unverified info just arrived this morning. It takes time to mobilize,” Remulla said in a text message to reporters.

PNP chief Gen. Jose Melencio Nartatez, on one hand, said they are closely coordinating with the DILG and other concerned agencies, and will act only upon lawful orders issued by competent authorities and in accordance with existing laws, rules, and procedures.

“Any appropriate police action, if and when necessary, shall be undertaken with full adherence to due process, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. The PNP assures the public that professionalism, prudence, maximum tolerance, and accountability shall guide all its actions at all times,” Nartatez said.

Dela Rosa previously served as chief PNP under former President Rodrigo Duterte. He became a one of the central figures in the admin’s so-called war on drugs and one of the co-perpetrators in the alleged extrajudicial killings during the war on drugs.

Sources: GMA News, Inquirer, PNA

Check Also

DOST chief Solidum receives highest salary among Cabinet members in 2025 – COA report

Department of Science and Technology (DOST) Secretary Renato Solidum Jr. has received the highest amount …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *