SINGAPORE – A Filipina domestic worker in the island country had a rather unfortunate experience after being raped by a Malaysian national, and was allegedly sexually assaulted first by an Indian man – in the year 2024. Two years later, she finds a glimpse of hope.
CNA disclosed that the 32-year-old unnamed Filipina was on her day off on May 26, 2024, when she had drunk several cans of beer during the afternoon and in the evening in an open field in front of Hotel Mi Rochor in Short Street.

The identity of the OFW could not be disclosed because of a a gag order to protect her identity.
According to reports, she was allegedly sexually assaulted by a 34-year-old Indian national who was visiting Singapore at the time. The case against Anbazhagan Sivamurugan is still pending in court.
Meanwhile, a Malaysian man named Harvin Velanggany, later saw the victim and noticed she was “very drunk”. He went near the Filipina, to which the latter said that the Indian national was forcing her to have sex with him and that she did not know him.
Harvin said she needs not to worry because he has a condom but the victim said she was referring to Anbazhagan, not him. Nevertheless, he got a condom from his bag and then overpowered her, she tried to stop her but he was too strong.

After raping her, Havin stole around $93 from the victim and hid it in his underwear. The OFW noticed, and confronted him that is why he returned it before leaving the area.
Harvin was working as an odd-job laborer in Singapore who was looking for a place to sleep when the alleged sexual assault was committed.
The victim later approached a Hotel Mi Rochor staff for help.
Last week Monday, the High Court has sentenced Harvin to eight years jail and six strokes of the cane after he pleaded guilty to raping the domestic worker.
6 strokes of cane refers to a specific, mandatory corporal punishment which involves six strikes with a rattan cane used in judicial systems like Singapore for serious offenses.